Monday, August 28, 2006

Squeeze!

This weekend I went to see my parents for one reason and one reason only. Sure there were things that had to get done but they could have been done anywhere. I wanted to be held. I wanted to lean on my mom and watch TV. I wanted her to play with my feet from the other end of the couch. To be physically touched in a comforting way. So I went home. I was no longer a 26 year old woman with racked with responsibility and concern. My 6 year old came out and I just wanted my mom.

What is it about hugs and being held? Everything in the world feels right. In that moment, there is understanding and peace. That is what I have missed most. Just like I knew she would, Mom held me. Watching TV, talking, on the couch, when arriving and leaving. Just what I needed!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It was truly my pleasure. Come anytime.

Jackie said...

I wish you could know how I would have loved to be part of your being home. Sometimes I miss you and your sister so much, I sorta hurts.

You are so loved.

Cryssy said...

Ah, so your still a big kid at heart too. Good I'm not alone. Take that time you need to refuel and remember that no matter what happens there are always people there that love you and a God that sent them.

The Johnsons said...

Another thing my mom does to make you feel better - lay your head on her lap and she'll rub your eyebrows. So simple - so AMAZING!!! Yeah for moms and dads who are nice!