Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lessons Learned

School has started back for the teachers. I've actually been in training and inservice for about 8 days now. I'm on a new campus looking forward to a year with 4th graders. I've been meeting everyone and finding my ways around the different groups on campus. I like them all. My team is something else. I've been noticing a common factor among them - resilience. One lady had reconstructive surgery this summer after a long battle with breast cancer. The man next door and his wife lost a baby last week almost at full term. Another fourth grade teacher lost her husband in May. I am filled with hope when I talk to these people. The human race is so complex. We laugh, cry, hurt, and heal. Sometimes this process takes years and some people experience all of these things in the course of a day. In the end, we are OK and that amazes me. What a beautiful thing we are.

No comments: