Sunday, April 04, 2010

Poor Captain Von Trapp

I've been wanting to watch The Sound of Music lately. It reached the point that I set it out but just haven't set aside three hours to sit down and enjoy it. Tonight, I noticed it was on TV. It has been playing as I have taken care of some things around the apartment. Of course, there are certain scenes that you have to sit down to watch.

As I was working on dishes in the kitchen, the gazebo scene with Captain Von Trapp and Maria came on. I couldn't help but wonder, am I the only one who feels bad for Captain Von Trapp in this scene? I mean, he tells her he loves her and she doesn't say it back. Then, he goes to kiss her a second time and instead of letting him, she starts singing. Am I the only one who feels he gets a little jipped? I don't know any guy who would be prefer a serenade to a kiss. Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet scene but really? Poor guy.

Maybe its because she was a nun.......

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

"Maybe its because she was a nun......." - you crack me up!

Mindi Tipps said...

Ha! I never really noticed it before. Now that you mention it...poor guy! :)

*Lin* said...

hahahhahaha :) Did you see Lisel's bandaged leg? evidently, while shooting, she leapt right through one of the glass windows.