Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Update

One thing I love about seeing people post about a similar event is seeing what everyone walked away with. This past weekend, Julie, Lauren, Mindi, Erin, and I met up for Wicked and visiting in Austin. Mindi and Erin have both weighed in with pics and thoughts so I'll let you check with them for the shots and their thoughts. Here are mine:

1. I love these girls! Always have, always will. I could do an entire post on each one individually but I'll just hit the high points for you. Lauren makes me laugh so much - just ask her about her snake! Mindi has such a sweet heart and knows how to bond with my over teacher stuff. Julie is just that friend that always feels like time has never passed and you can just be your true self with. And I have done entire posts on Erin but I love to watch her with her friends. What a gift it was. Again, I just love these girls!

2. I love Austin! Just the very little bit we drove around stirred up all of that love that has been settling in. This weekend reminded me how great I would be with living there again. Lord willing, I would be thrilled to call Austin home!

3. It may have been the fourth time to see Wicked but it gets me every time. I noticed this time an odd sense of pride towards the performers. I admire the amount of talent and work putting on a musical night after night takes. I love curtain call just to celebrate and honor their accomplishments.

4. Charlie and Jeff are amazing with kids! Honestly, they were incredible!

5. Julie's home is beautiful! Not only can she decorate but she knows how to make people feel comfortable and welcome. What a gift she has for hospitality!

6. I'm not obsessed however - there was a Man vs. Food illustration in the sermon. I about fell off the pew. I'm just saying....

7. You know you are on the same page when we get ready to go and our clothes all coordinate perfectly without any thought or planning!

Overall, what a great weekend! Can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

It was fun! I liked reading your and Mindi's blogs, too. And great - when people read mine they'll see that I have a bad memory and eat a lot. I should have done a better job! :)

Mindi Tipps said...

Sweet post, Dana. I adore you too! It was great to catch up with you and laugh. I thought it was hilarious that you knew more about Man vs. Food than the guy doing the illustration in his sermon!