Monday, August 03, 2009

Daddio and Bladen

Erin and Gregg are having a son! In four short months, Bladen Joel will join the family! I was talking to Dad tonight and observed that he will be the first little boy our family has ever had. Poor guy will be the guinea pig for all of us!

While there are many things about Liz that I have loved, one of my favorite has been watching Dad with her. There is something about watching a man with a little girl. For me, it has been so sweet to see that side of Dad. I obviously don't remember what he was like with us as babies. Now, I feel like I get to see what I don't remember - Dad with his baby girls.

Now we are getting ready to welcome Bladen and I anticipate the same thing with him. Dad never had a son and has never felt like he missed out on anything (I know because I asked him once). Now, he gets a chance to fall in love, play with, and experience life with a little boy. I have a feeling we are going to get to see a side of my dad that we have never seen before. I cannot wait to watch him wrestle and rough house with Bladen. It will be so interesting to see the differences in him. I've loved watching him with Gregg but we are entering a whole new ballgame. It is one of the things I am looking forward to the most about Little Man getting here.

Here's to Bladen and all of the joy he will bring to our lives!

4 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

Congrats Aunt Dana! It will be fun to see how Bladen changes your family! Can't wait!

Amy said...

Couldn't have said it any better, Dana. Thanks for putting my heart to words.

The Johnsons said...

It will be fun! Gregg told me last night he's enjoyed seeing me with Liz, but he's excited to see me with my boy like I've enjoyed seeing him with Liz. There's just something about a man with a baby girl. And dad with a boy - and Gregg with a boy! What fun!

*Lin* said...

How sweet :) I love watching you get to be Aunt Dana, and I'm sure even your dynamic with Bladen will be new & exciting :)