Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And There Go My Teeth...

Yesterday I was watching the Today Show while I was finishing breakfast (waffles, blackberries, and orange juice). On at that moment was a story about the five worst things for your teeth. Number four was lemonade. The dentist on the show was saying that it has the double whammies of sugar and acids. As she was mentioning the acidic drinks, I was taking my last drink of my orange juice. So I jump up and run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Got the toothpaste on the brush, ran it under some water, and was about ten seconds into it when I returned to the story. As I am finishing up the bottom teeth, the dentist shares that if you do drink acidic drinks like lemonade, white wine, or orange juice, you should wait about 30 minutes before you brush your teeth. This is because the acids are so thick on your teeth that immediate brushing will actually be scrubbing your teeth with the acids instead of removing it.

Grrrr....I only thought I was starting my day right - healthy orange juice with breakfast and good dental care. In about 2 minutes, I learned I was swinging and missing. Oh well.....

3 comments:

Amy said...

That'll teach you to get the whole story before reacting!!!

*Lin* said...

lol :) that's ok, i'd say the benefits of that yummy breakfast outweigh the negatives... didn't you know pancakes have magical healing powers??

Jackie said...

but it was on Good Morning America . . do we really trust the validity? ha!