Monday, August 10, 2009

Major Catch Up

So I've been without my computer for five days due to virus repair. Yes - FIVE DAYS! I know that the world continued turning and that I survived it. Life did go on. However, I cannot tell you how WONDERFUL it is to have it back! So of course, I had several blog ideas and no computer to put them on. Now that it is back, I can't remember them. :) So here is a recap of yesterday.

You know how when you move away one of two things can happen to your friends: a) you drift apart due to lack of contact or b) you have such a strong bond that time and distance make no difference. Yesterday was filled with option b. I took a day trip to San Marcos and it was exactly what I needed! I got to have lunch with two of the most amazing girls yesterday. Just seeing them made me giddy with laughter. I've missed them so much and just didn't know it until I could hug them. The greatest blessing is that is was mutual. These are the women who taught me how to teach and have just loved me, no questions asked for four years. They are so funny and such wonderful listeners! As we sat and visited about everything and nothing, all I could think about was what a blessing they are to me. I really don't know how I fooled them into thinking I was in their league but somehow I did. :) When we get together, it is like no time has passed at all. Now if we could get together more than once a year...Love you Adrienne and Danielle!

Then it was off to see my friend Brent. We've been in touch over facebook chat and we saw each other in February. Thankfully, it worked out that we were able to get together again. He is one of the few people that I have really kept in touch with from the barbershop world and we seem to be more at ease with each other ever time we get together. A few of the other guys came by while I was there. They didn't know I was stopping by so that was a fun surprise. Lots of hugs and just great joy! Again, lots of laughing!

Overall, it was a day of unquestionable love. Through years of moving around and coming into and out of different stages of life, I've learned that even though you love friends dearly through that season, you don't always get to keep them for years to come. You wish them well and remember them with fondness. Sometimes you get to keep friends but not to the same degree. Staying in touch is hard and it takes its toll. Things change and people change but some friends endure it all, loving you the whole way through. There is no difficulty in being together and time does no damage. Those that endure are truly treasures! Yesterday was filled with those I am incredibly blessed to keep - specifically Danielle, Adrienne, and Brent!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

So glad you had a good time! Glad you got to see Brent and some others you hadn't expected to see, too.

Amy said...

"in their league...?" You are kidding, right?! They are everybit as blessed by your friendship as you are theirs. I'm glad you went - those friendships are worth the effort to keep them.

Mindi Tipps said...

I second your mom's comment about being "in their league!" Glad you got to see some dear friends before school starts and I'll be thinking of you as you begin this new, crazy, year!