Friday, August 28, 2009

Celebrity Crush

The first week of school is down and I'm beat. It was much easier to adjust to than I anticipated but I'm exhausted. So after a long week (and that intense last post), it's time for something light, fun, and a touch on the embarrassing side. :)

I've never been one of those swooning girls. Celebrities have never really done it for me. Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey have brought many friends to their knees but not me. I've noticed a few famous actors but they have never really made me pause to take notice. Until this summer....

While I wait for my beloved Office to come back (September 17), I decided to check out a show I had heard about from Gregg, Erin, and the Fritsches: Man vs. Food. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It has jumped up to one of my top four favorite shows ever. The host travels the country taking on food challenges while exploring the city of the challenge. The massive amounts of food can be absolutely disgusting at times and makes this girl's TMJ scream but one thing keeps me watching when I can - Adam Richman. That's right - my celebrity crush.

Now please keep in mind through this next paragraph that I am a level headed, normal person with two realistic feet on the ground. I'm going to sound rather odd but you love me so I'm okay with it at the moment. Here is the greatness of Adam - not only is he obviously passionate about what he does, he is adorable, amazing with people of all ages, incredibly smart, loves to travel, and is absolutely hilarious. The best thing of all is that he is real. He doesn't put anything forward that is not truly him. Based on things I have seen and read, we have quite a few similarities. I've even called some of his unscripted lines at times. In any reality where there would be an opportunity to hang out with him, I have no doubt that good times would be had. However, the reality of a Houston school teacher meeting the host of a popular national television show is highly unlikely. So in exchange, I'll keep my crush from a far and enjoy the show as I unwind after a day with students. At least I don't have to ever worry about cooking for a food aficionado!

So don't leave me hanging here. We all have a celebrity crush whether we want to admit it or not. Time to 'fess up and share. Who is it?

4 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

You crack me up! I've never seen the show but I'll have to check it out.
My celebrity crush would have been Tom Welling (from Smallville) in college. But now, I don't know. We don't have cable so we only get PBS and a few local stations. :)

That Goerge Clooney sure is handsome though.

The Johnsons said...

I don't have a celebrity crush at the moment. I think I'm just focused on wishing I saw my real-life crush (aka: husband) more!

FYI - did you hear your beloved Jim is engaged?! Emily Blunt. Ha! She's has similar taste in men as you do. First Mr. Buble, now Jim...

Amy said...

Well, if I remember correctly, there was that time I had it big for a Mr. Richard Chamberlain! I know he is gay - but it was his riveting protrayal of Father Ralph that did it for me....

*Lin* said...

no one will ever touch Dimitri from Anastasia for me... who cares if he's a cartoon... I'm just as likely to meet him as any other celeb :)