Thursday, September 03, 2009

To the Man in the Big, Black Truck

Dear Sir,

While you may not remember me, your behavior this evening insured that you will remain in my memory for a good while. To refresh you, I am the girl in the bright blue car who you saw driving on the interstate through Houston. I must give you credit, you most definitely got my attention. The fact that you drove parallel to me for a full minute would have been enough for me to take notice. So in an effort to acknowledge you, I turned to see who you are. This is the point in which your plan went horribly, horribly wrong.

As I was able to tell by your next move, you obvious do not know me. As a helpful hint, the next time you find yourself in a similar situation, please bear in mind the following information. A nice girl would respond well to the following if you are trying to get her attention while driving on I-10: a smile with a nod or small wave and possibly a wink. I would ask that you forget the move you made this afternoon. I would like you to know that flicking your tongue in and out of your mouth while staring at a girl in not complimentary or safe. While you may find this clever and charming, it has the exact opposite effect on women. I tell you this because I wish to clarify that the face I made in reaction (like I just ate an extremely sour lemon) was not in fact an invitation to continue driving parallel to me. A face of that type is intended to send the message that you can now speed up or slow down. In other words, please move on. Also, your choice to continue after I obviously ignored you for the next two miles actually came across stalker-ish rather than persistent. Instead of sending me into a tizzy of giddiness, the final result of our encounter was that of tremors, repulsion, and edginess around big black trucks for the remainder of my drive. Any good girl would respond in this same manner so I urge you to take note.

Thank you,
The Girl in the Bright Blue Car

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Um, yuck. I would have probably sped up or slowed down to get away from him. And just for you, I promise Gregg and I will buy a black truck. :)

*Lin* said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeew... you poor thing... what gets into these dumboys sometimes???

Unknown said...

I have o agree , truckers are some of the nastiest minded people I have ever encountered and I am a GUY. I will not even elaborate on my stories , but women and people alike need to keep n eye on some(most) of these truckers as they can sometimes become very perverted.

Next time, call the police or the actual company and report it. Who knows, the guy might just end up being a sexual predator.

No offense to the truck drivers that mean well or at least reserve their emotions????

used digger derricks

Fuso Trucks said...

Ive met some nice truckers, its just like any walk of life, good and bad.