Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why This Teacher Needs To Go Back To Work

Apparently I've had a lot of free time on my hands to think and observe. That is changing now that school is starting to gear up again. So since I'm sure you have all watched the wedding video enough times to memorize the song, here are some pointless thoughts that have been rolling around in my mind. You are welcome....

1. Around the neighborhood are signs announcing a voluntary water restriction. Isn't that stating the obvious? Why post it if it is voluntary?

2. Standing on the corner with a cardboard sign asking for money is not nearly as effective if you are using your other hand to chow down on some major Chick-fil-a.

3. You have to love new friendships in which one week you are discussing your family tree's various religious backgrounds and the next week you are comparing bad experiences with animal poo.

4. You know that you are too involved with a book when aspects of the plot show up in your subconscious via your dreams.

5. Every town/city should have a coffee place where you can meet a friend and accidentally spend three hours just catching up.

6. Why does using the word "budding" in reference to relationships always sound romantic in nature?

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Someone probably bought him the Chick-fil-a. Chick-fil-a - hmmm... that sounds good.

I had a dream the other night the wove Harry Potter, Twilight Sage and Time Traveler all together. Since you've read all three you know how crazy of a dream it was. I woke up exhausted.

*Lin* said...

Oh hunny, I dream every book I read. The other day, I saw a lady with a homeless/ hungry sign talking on a cell phone...

The Dad Abides said...

I think the best idea I've heard over the summer came at our annual end of year assembly with all the staff at Poteet ISD. We had a guest speaker and he was talking about different aspects of life to focus on. He was talking about the act of giving and he said that one day if you eat fast food, if you're going through the drive-thru, pay for your meal but also pay for the person behind you. It will freak them out! I thought that was a pretty awesome idea. I haven't really done it yet, mostly because I'm trying to save money by actually shopping for groceries lol. I love your observations though!