Friday, December 08, 2006

Shooting Myself

So I wrote yesterday about how much I love my job and how everything is great. Then today hit. I guess my bragging set myself up for it....

From college until now, I have had experiences in about 4 different school districts. My current one is unlike any of the rest. Their expectations are high and that is the biggest double edged sword I know of. On one hand, I am growing as a professional leaps and bounds. On the other hand, they are slowly sucking the life out of us. I'm talking pressure and nervous break downs like you would not believe. I've been places where the anti-depressants were being taken to deal with the atmosphere but this is a whole new ballgame. This afternoon some new information came down the shoots and we nearly hit the fans. I don't cuss so at the moment, there are no words in my vocabulary to express exactly how strongly any of us are feeling about our current situation.

My list of soap boxes I would like to stand on is growing by the day. I mean, come on...seriously!?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

ok. now, of course, I'm wondering what is up. hope you'll be able to explain sometime.