Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The More Things Change....

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head. I was walking into HEB after work when I passed an older woman very passionately discussing her frustrations with gift shopping to no one. In the past, this would have caught me off guard but with so many people using blue tooth and other hand free phone options, I just smiled. I laughed to myself as I quickly thought about how quickly things have changed. Instead of thinking her odd, I was actually quite impressed at her technological aptness. She looked to be my grandmother's age and here she was embracing the ever changing world of the cell phone. Then it happened.....

As I was passing her, she turned and smiled at me. I noticed....no phone or phone accessories anywhere! I was no longer looking at her with admiration. She really was that crazy old lady walking through the parking lot and yelling at herself! Oh my goodness!

I guess things haven't changed that much after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so funny. You just made my day, Dana! We missed you on Wed., hope you have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe!