Sunday, November 07, 2010

Looking Back

One of the things that I love about the Old Testament is the emphasis God places on remembrances. Events, scriptures, days, God in all of His wisdom sets forth times of remembrances. People hold feasts and celebrations, write scriptures of their doors and heads, and they set up standing stones. These last ones are my favorites. Standing stones that Israel used to retell the stories of God's triumphs and glory. When we look back, we can see so much of God and what He has done.

This blog for me has been post after post of standing stones. Maybe I'm the only one who goes back and reads former posts on my own blog. Maybe it's vain but I don't think so. For four years, I see the roads God has led me down to His glory - Silly little joys that He has allowed me to share, precious moments that are near and dear to my heart, struggles that He has brought me through, and His praises - they are all there.

As I was looking at the side of my blog tonight, I noticed something very different. There have been significantly fewer posts than in years past. So much has happened that He deserves praise for. So much is happening that He will get praise for. However, until it all comes to be, it stays where it belongs - in my heart. Something sweet between me and God.

So thanks for your patience in a remarkably quieter year. Please be encouraged to look at what God has done in the past few years. Look at your standing stone moments. Remember them and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

How true! I never have time or rather, I don't take the time to put down how amazing my God is. And, yeah, I think it's fascinating to reread old blogs to see how far I've come and how so very far I have to go. love you, chick!

The Johnsons said...

I'm so thankful I can see first hand what God is doing in your life and relationship with Him. I love you for sharing how He is alive and active in this world and our lives - face to face or on the blog.

Amy said...

I do go back sometimes, to read what it was that I'd written on a certain day. I like to think of it as a diary, to remind me of where I've been and what I've hoped for.

Beth said...

The other day, I told Erin that she ought to think about writing for publication. Actually, I think the two of you ought to write a book together. You are two of my favorite blog writers. You always lift me up and glorify God with every line you write, no matter what your subject is. Really, think about this. You both write so well!! I'm thankful that I know you and can look a little bit into your life through your blog. Thanks!!

Mindi Tipps said...

I completely second what Beth said!

New Online Poker Rooms said...

Improbably. It seems impossible.