Thursday, November 11, 2010

Who Needs Mr. Wizard?

A few months ago, a flyer showed up in my mailbox at work. It looked neat but we had just recently received an email that professional development funds are less compared to in years past. So I recycled it until my favorite co-worker suggested asking for funds. We asked, were told yes, and off we were to see Steve Spangler at his science boot camp.

oh. my. goodness.

I had no idea what I was in for. Seriously, amazing! I had no idea who he was until I walked in and saw the display table. There it was, the mentos geysers. Yes, he is THAT guy who introduced the world to dropping a mentos into diet coke. He is THAT guy who frequents Ellen and does crazy things in and around her studio. And more importantly, he is THAT guy that has given me some excitement about going to work again. Yesterday, I spent seven hours with the man and this morning, I woke up excited to go to work - for the first time in months. I cannot wait to work on these things with my kids!

So incase you have never seen the amazingness of Steve Spanger, here is a short 3 minute clip of some of his best of moments from the news station he works with in Colorado. I saw many of the experiments that are on it and then some other amazing ones. Enjoy and if you want to see more, look him up on youtube. You'll find lots of fun stuff!


No comments: