Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! I rang 2010 in at the Plaza Club on the 49th story of the Shell building in downtown Houston. We were dressed up for dinner, dancing, and games. We toasted in the New Year with sparkling apple cider. Overall, the most fun New Years Eve to date!

Our View of the City

The girls I went with

A few of us just before midnight
As fun as New Years Eve was, I'm looking ahead to 2010. I've been thinking upon the days to come a lot over the past three days. I have no idea what the days to come will hold. I look forward to each and every one. It feels like change is on the horizon and I'm curious to see what it is. This morning in worship, something was said that really hit close to what I've been thinking. I thought I would share them as we begin the new year: We can (and should) pray for clarity and direction as we begin again into the unknown. Yet, maybe what we should pray for more is the courage to trust God in the things He has veiled for us. As we go forward, we ought to pray for faith in what God will entrust to us and that He is with us each step of the way.

I pray that 2010 is a year of blessing for you and that you have the courage and faith to walk the path God puts before you!

1 comment:

Matthew A. Butter said...

You are such a great blessing! Keep up the good work!