Monday, December 21, 2009

They Do Say the Darnedest Things!

I've been hearing some pretty funny things from kids over the past week. Just thought I would share a few:

Yesterday we went to see our Bhutanese family. They have been here about 5 months now and this is their first winter/Christmas in America. We took them some blankets and clothes. As we left, we said, "Merry Christmas!" and the 13 year old said it back. When we asked her if she knows what Christmas is, she told us it is a festival. We told her she was right, it is a celebration. My friend asked if she knows what we are celebrating and her response was, "The National Day of Jesus!" Ahhhh - language barriers......
_________

We were discussing something in my Kinder group the other day and a boy made a very bright comment. When I asked him how he got to be so smart, he responded with, "My last name makes me smart! My dad said all of us are smart!"
_________

Again with my Kinder group, I asked a boy a question and the following conversation took place:

S: I forgot.
Me: That's alright. Even smart people forget things sometimes.
S: I know. I'm not sad. I know why I forget things.
Me: Really? Why is that?
S: Because I'm small and my thoughts are so big they fall out of my brain! My brain isn't big enough to hold it all.
Me: That's OK because when you sleep, it rests your brain so you can remember more.
S: Oh. So that is why old people are so smart. They sleep a LOT!

3 comments:

*Lin* said...

LoL!!!

Mindi Tipps said...

These always make me smile. Gotta love those Kindergartners! I think the last one is my favorite.

Hope you are enjoying your much needed break from school!

Jackie said...

HA!!!!!