Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Running Mind

Well, for the fourth night in a row, my mind is spinning and sleep is not knocking on my door (quite out of the ordinary for me). So to help unwind, I'm going to leave it here so hopefully I can crash.

1. Liz in one today. When did that happen!? I sure do love that girl a lot. She doesn't know it yet but her aunt is pretty much wrapped around her finger more tightly every time I see her. I can't wait to celebrate her on Saturday!! Erin wrote an amazingly sweet blog and posted some great pictures. Check it out!

2. Things at work are kind of weird this year. They are changing and the stress levels are WAY up. I haven't felt this in years. I'm on a major learning curve this year and it has majorly overwhelming moments. I wear a pin on my lanyard that says "Expect Miracles". This year, I praying for it!

3. I can honestly say that I have never fully understood the meaning of having your heart tugged at but the past two days have pulled and twisted so many times. God is busy with some pretty significant lessons here and they keep me up at night. That is another blog for another day though. I'm sure it will come soon so keep your eyes open.

4. I made a pretty shocking decision yesterday. Women across the country will think I am nuts but I'm very peaceful about it. I've decided to stop attending the Bible Study led by Beth Moore (at least for this semester). I had a choice to continue with the study or to join a small group of girls that meets on Tuesday nights. Since relationships/community is one area God has been working with me, I decided to go with the small group.

5. I am torn between the American, westernized church and what we are called to be in Scripture. I see big discrepancies in my life and what we are called to. Again, another blog for another time.

6. I have the BEST bible class ever! My breath is taken away at the sincerity and hearts of the people I do this thing called life with. They are amazing!

7. I'm thankful for brainless books and TV to give me mental breaks!

8. Kindergarteners can make me laugh quicker than just about any age group. They are SO funny!

No comments: