Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Casting it on Him

Tonight at Koinonia, we talked about worry. We spent a lot of time in Matthew 6 are a few related verses. By the end of the evening, one of the conclusions we reached was that worry is a lack of faith. Worry shows doubt in not only what God can do but who He is. We spent some good time talking about casting our worries on Him and taking up His yoke. So I've decided to ask you to come aside me in casting some worries off. Below are some prayers that I am lifting up and covet your prayers along these lines.

1. Health - Things are a conundrum with my health again. The last appointment, the doctor threw out some words that sucker punched me. The medications are not working which means I'm not working. Satan speaks lies to me using this in many ways. My prayers are that the doctors can figure out something that will work, that I'll have peace through this, and that Satan will quit messing with me through it.

2. Singleness - not anywhere near as bad as it has been in the past but I feel it trying to sneak up on me. I just want to nip any discontentment in the bud.

3. Work - I'm still trying to find my footing in my new position. I'm just needing some assurance that something is making a difference. I still miss my old position but this is what I've been entrusted with for the year.

4. Finances - I really want to knock some things out but things keep popping up. I just want to be a good steward of what I've been given but I need to catch a break from things breaking. :)

5. Faith - To have a persevering faith that does not doubt but keeps relying on God. Some days it is hard to remember that not only have my prayers been heard but answered.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Done! I so agree with your assessment on worry. What can we do to make an difference in any of the things we actually worry over. We are assured that in the end we will win!

There is such evidence of God's hands in all of our lives.

Amy said...

Dana - I could have written that same post; my worries echo yours, and have some additions. Perhaps we can encourage each other!! I so love you!

Jackie said...

the future of the United States of America. The future of James, Julie, Jocelyn, Ava and Kaia, the ability we'll have to literally survive.

God works through/in spite of this world . . I know that . . . and then . . .

Yep. Lack of faith. Pure and simple.