Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Revelation

I know that for most people, going back to school is an exciting time for many reasons. Parents are ready to get their kids back in classes. Students are ready to see their friends. Teachers are anticipating new starts. Yet, for me, back to school spotlights one thing - Fall Bible Study!

Tonight, I (along with about 4,000 other women) gathered together to begin a 10 week study of the book of Revelation. I'm pretty excited! The night started off with several of my favorite praise and worship songs ("Lord Your Holy" will get you going no matter what type of day you've had). Then we dove into the Word.

Revelation is such a "controversial" book. I know that is odd to say but I hope you understand the heart behind it. So many people take so many different views about it. Yet, here we embark. One thing that I have grown to love and respect about Beth is that she is very upfront with you. Just as she did with Daniel, she announced tonight that scholars disagree on aspects of the book and she is presenting what she believes based upon her study. She highly encourages people to study on their own and form their own opinions. I so appreciate her honesty and exhortation towards personal study.

I'm looking forward to this study for several reasons but I guess one that I'm looking forward to the most is talking to Dad about it. He has been involved in a pretty intense study of this book for a while now. I am interested to see how what we are learning aligns with what he has read. There are good discussions to be had!

Just a sidenote - The minister at the church where the study is held is teaching on Genesis on Sunday mornings and we are studying Revelation on Tuesday nights. Talk about covering the whole spectrum!

I hope that you find yourself in a good study this fall!

No comments: