Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ten Lessons of Christ

Matt is going to teach a sermon series on the ten most important teachings of Christ. He asked us to share with him what lessons we would choose if we were to outline this series. I thought about it quite a bit and came up with the ten that are speaking to my heart most right now. Narrowing it down to just ten was hard! Here is what I said:

1. The Cost of True Discipleship
2. Lean on God for rest and rejuvenation (Matthew 11:28 - 30 and His times of solitude)
3. Do not cast stones! (Woman in Caught in Adultery)
4. Have God as God Alone (Rich Young Ruler)
5. Serving the Poor and Investing Ourselves in Them
6. The Greatest Command (Matthew 22:34-40)
7. Seven Woes (Matthew 23 - I believe that this is vital for 21st Century American Christians - especially for me!)
8. Serving Others (Washing the Disciples Feet)
9. Abide in Christ (John 15:1 - 17)
10. Freely loving people - especially the hard ones!

So what do you think of my ten? If you were to name the ten most important lessons Christ taught us, what would you choose? You are welcome to comment or post it on your blog. I'm curious as to how Christ speaks to us and our hearts right now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dana, these are all wonderful. I may re-arrange them, but would certainly love to hear them all! Good job!! Matt's work is done -
at least as far as topics is concerned!

The Johnsons said...

Gregg said it was a good lesson. Getting back to the basics that morning. Wish I could have heard it!