Friday, July 10, 2009

A Hard Pill to Swallow

This morning, I was talking to a friend about some verses that were rolling around in both of our heads. They were hard verses that make us uncomfortable. They are true and Spirit inspired but are difficult to process and apply. They cause us to question but not doubt - make us struggle to know what it means to REALLY live, breathe, and sacrifice for Christ. These verses define a genuine faith.

So I'm curious - what verses are the hard ones for you? Not the ones that make you crazy because people misuse them but the ones that kick you in the gut because of their challenge to your life (their implications). Which verses are an enigma and cause you to almost choke on their meat?

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Colossians3:4 Hands down.

Mindi Tipps said...

For me it's Hebrews 11:35-39. Hearing about what these people went through and endured for Christ makes me ask myself what I've really done for His cause. It's a tough one to swallow.

andrew said...

Proverbs 3: 27-28

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.

Do not say to your neighbor,
"Come back later; I'll give it
tomorow"-
when you now have it with you.