Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ode to Clayton

Like those friends that I have blogged about in the past, I have recently been reminded exactly how blessed I am. This past weekend, I was able to spend Friday night with two of my favorite people in the world. I have written about Todd but I have yet to mention my dear friend Clayton. Shame on me!

When I think about a friend, I think about someone who is trustworthy, follows through on what they say, there for you in a heartbeat, fun, and honest about who they are. By those standards, Clayton is one of the best friends anyone could ask for. He tells it like it is but is a huge teddy bear. After spending time with Clayton, I know that I was with someone who cares about me. He has been there for me every time I have needed him to laugh or cry. Unfortunately, I'm sure he couldn't say the same about me. Then again, that is something wonderful about him - His friendship is constant even when I am not. It really speaks so much about him. He is driven and sure of not only who he is but what he wants. He is a rock!

Unlike the others I have posted about, I don't have my picture with Clayton. In fact, I found that I don't even have a recent picture of him. That will have to change! Even though you don't know what he looks like, you can know that if you ever get to count him as a friend, you will be blessed!

1 comment:

Clayton Scott said...

aw shucks ... thanks there Dana ... I greatly appreciate everything you've said, and you've always been there when I've needed you most, being the person I could always turn to when I needed someone I could trust to help out with Caleb. And you even expected nothing in return. You're a great friend.

Here are two of the most current pics I can find of me.

Myself and Cas
Butterscotch, Scott Land, myself & Terry Fator

btw, I have some pretty cool news to share with you next time we chat. Your hints are Dallas Cowboys, Woodbelly & Kanye West. And the three aren't necessarily all associated with each other.