Thursday, August 23, 2007

Debating the Comment

Blogging is a very funny thing. Just like the email, it is a tricky thing to navigate. You cannot always tell the writer's tone or mood by them. If they are a good writer, you can but sometimes, not so much. I guess I say all of this more about the comments that people write in response than the actual blog entry. For example, I have read entries that I have REALLY wanted to respond to but have refrained from doing so because I'm not sure how they would be received. Not knowing the full story of what is going on or what that person is going through, I've learned to hold back from saying what I really think about the thoughts expressed in writing. Am I the only one who feels that way or has done that?

If I ever write anything and you want to respond but are not sure how it will be taken, please respond anyway. I want to know how I come across and don't ever want anyone to feel like they can't express what they think to me. I hope that I never come across as someone you dread being open and honest with. I don't bite - I promise!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I understand and agree. I've not responded because it's so easy to blow it - - if you're me anyhow. I feel like you do . .. if I don't want a response, I try to make sure I tell people that.

jenn said...

and on the other hand...i hope you don't think that i am dismissing your feelings by saying what i think. because i don't always assess how my thoughts will come across to someone else.

Clayton Scott said...

Comment

rebekca said...

Happened upon your site via a friend of a friend of a friend's site.....

Just thought I'd give my two cents at how good it made me feel to find out that there weren't only 2 people reading my blog.

I was astounded to see (just 1 day ago)that someone out there in blog world somehow got to me. It's nice to feel the connection.

I'd do the comment anyway. I don't think anyone would hold your thoughts against you. After all, we are all putting ourselves out there.