Sunday, August 19, 2007

Random Observations and Embarrassing Confessions

Just to appease those of you with curious minds, here are two things that I have come to notice over the past week. Neither are earth shattering but one day, this knowledge may come in handy. You never know....

First, I have observed that my current breakfast cereal looks like cat food. Now, having never tasted cat food, I have no idea how the two compare. The cereal tastes much better than cat food smells so that may be some indicator. Still, my cereal looks like cat food.

Secondly, I have learned that I am an obsessive packer. While getting ready to move and now setting up the classroom, I feel the need to use every cubic inch of a box or container. I used to joke that I could make a shoe box weight 50 pounds. Now, it isn't so much a joke. I've been trying to organize and get the cabinets/room in order at school. Rubbermaid and Sterilite are my newest friends. I found myself repacking boxes just to get that one extra supply in. No wonder it is taking so long to get the room unpacked! My sweet friend Bonnie can attest to this. She saw me do it while packing the apartment. It's sick.

Now for the embarrassing confession. I told myself that it was "research". I told myself that I was doing this to have something in common with my students. I've seen High School Musical. I LOVED Hairspray. On Friday night, my DVR recorded High School Musical 2. I've already watched it. No matter what I may say about my selfless act "for the kids", it was not. I must admit today, openly and honestly, that I am a fan of Zac Efron. He has talent and some beautiful eyes. I am REALLY embarrassed about this fact. I am a sad, sad 27 year old!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Don't be embarrased about HSM/2. Lots of people like it - not just 12 year olds. I have seen them too and have caught my toe tapping along to Together Forever! Besides - who doesn't think Zac Efron is cute? He does have bright blue eyes...