Wednesday, April 18, 2007

*Sigh*

Last night, I was sitting in my chair, writing motivational notes for students while watching Christy. Something caught my eye and I looked out the window. Through the beautiful sunshine, a light rain was falling. Now, I know that this annoys some people. Some think that when it rains, it should be dark and gray. I am not one of those people...One of my favorite things on earth is to watch the rain fall on a bright, spring day and look to the sky, hopeful for a rainbow. The air cools a bit and a light breeze blows in. The green in the plants seem to intensify as they are washed.

I stood on my balcony for a while looking at the bushes and grass below. Maintenance cut the grass the day before so the sweet smell of rain mixed with the fresh cut grass. The light breeze softly danced across my face and through my hair in tiny wisps. I imagine that is what sweet kisses from heaven must feel like. It was a near perfect moment.

2 comments:

andrew said...

I know the feeling. Some of the best sensations on earth are those that intermingle the sights and sounds of God's creation.

Amy said...

I love how you find beauty in the most simple things. It tends to make life a lot happier.