Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Indy and Colorado

I believe that there is a huge difference between a vacation and a trip. A vacation is about relaxing, escape, and personal reflection. A trip is how hard and fast can you go in a new and exciting place. The past two weeks, I have been on both. Anyone who knows me knows that traveling in one of the loves of my life. Now I am home again with pictures, memories, and the itch to start planning the new great adventure.

Indy was fabulous. Spending a week in a new city with some of my favorite people in the world – Who could ask for anything more? Very little sleep, always with friends, meeting Jenny…it was exactly what I wanted. I have learned to enjoy barbershop over the past three years but going to Indy was not about that for me. I was looking forward to supporting my friends and seeing a new place. While I did both, I have to admit that I actually fell in love with the hobby too. Yes, there it is in black and white – I LOVE BARBERSHOP. Take a picture, quote me on that, do whatever you like but there it is. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. At one point I even turned into a 12 year old girl when I met members of one of my favorite quartets for the first time. (Yes, I am that big of a nerd but we all knew that already!) But aside from that, I have to say that Indy was something very special to me personally because I learned what an amazing family has adopted me. I felt loved, wanted, and accepted. Families have drama but who else would you rather have beside you in the midst of it all? Definitely the people who laugh at you and with you. Much love to you all.

Colorado was a vacation in every essence of the word. No schedule, beautiful scenery, surrounded by family – fabulous! I will admit that I slightly panicked when I saw no computer or phone signal in our cabin. I used it in town but as time went on, I actually relaxed and eventually just outright turned the phone off. We went whitewater rafting, shopping in town, spent time in Rocky Mountain National Park, played as a family (cards, putt putt, go karts, taking silly pictures, etc), and hung out at the cabin. It was so nice. I think that my favorite part of our trip though was the river. You could hear it in our cabin at night as you fell asleep. Everyday we were rafting, wading, or sitting on the rivers’ banks. There is something very relaxing and rejuvenating about a river. It seems almost as if it carries away all of your cares in its currents, leaving only a calmness behind. Especially if you are surrounded by beautiful mountains. That was definitely the most carefree time of my stay. I love being from Texas but Colorado was a huge breath of fresh air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»