Friday, June 30, 2006

Ring Back Tones

They say that smell is the most powerful of the senses. A smell can make your mouth water, stomach turn, or memories flood back to your mind. I think that music is very similar to that. A song can take you back to a memorable time in your life, stir your soul, or give you a release from whatever is on your mind.

Jamie has the ringback tones feature on his phone. It has been fun to see everyone's reaction to it. It catches you off guard to hear something pleasant rather than the actual ring. Many of our friends have said that they don't want him to pick up so they could keep hearing the song.

For a while, my ringback was the Aggie War Hymn. WHOOP! What can I say...I bleed maroon! Recently, he changed it to "Word of God Speak" by Mercy Me. He said that he thought I would like it. He was right (he usually is). I love that song. We walked down the aisle to it when my sister got married. It is a gorgeous song to begin with but it made the wedding so much more special. I am flooded by scenes of the wedding and the people there. I can close my eyes and see everything perfectly. Erin was stunning. Gregg was handsome. Everything was beautiful. We laughed, cried, and had a blast. I know that the wedding is for the bride but that night, walking down the aisle to one of my favorite songs, I felt beautiful too. Now, I get to relive that evening everytime I call Jamie. It makes me smile.

5 comments:

Amy said...

My beautiful Dana - I love remembering the wedding too, so thanks for the post! There are certain songs we sing at worship that take me back to Papaw leading singing, and I can hear him like he is standing there! It's an odd cross between feeling comfort and mourning. What song would you put in place for when I call?!?!
I love you - mom

The Johnsons said...

You felt beautiful that night because you were. On the video you are easily gliding down the aisle looking like an exact replica of Ms. Audrey...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»