Friday, April 20, 2012

Week in Review

I just wrote a completely different post but as I did the final read through, it sounded vaguely familar. I went back and found that I had posted pretty much the same thing about two months ago. Hmmm - maybe something I need to be paying attention to! Delete and start over..... Instead, it's the week in review!

Last weekend, some of us went to the mall and two of us ended up with quite a bit of time to talk about marriage. Random at Africa's largest mall but I loved it. She told me about how she met her husband. She shared some things she has learned about marriage and what it takes to make it work. She shared what she is still learning. The longer she talked, her determination to be a supportive, loving wife evidenced itself. Just by listening to her, you could tell she deeply loves her husband and wants nothing more than to be the wife he deserves. It was so honest and encouraging - perhaps the highlight of my weekend.

Last weekend was a four day weekend and most people went out of town. As much as I enjoyed the time I spent with people here, there is so much excitement in getting the "I'm back!" text. Sharing stories you've been waiting to tell, catching up with the ongoings back home, hearing about new places, and laughing at things only each other would understand.

Sandstorm hit this week. A neighbor friend took this picture of my building at about 9:30 that morning. No, the coloring is not off or adjusted - it's accurate. It was this bad at work and worse in other parts of the city.


When the maid comes on Tuesday followed by a sandstorm on Wednesday, this is what happens to your home even when the windows are closed. This is how I justify a maid. So gross!


It was a good week for food. Amanda Jones' chicken and rice - one of my personal favorite comfort foods. I got to have Stavolta this week - Twice! Gellato at its best! Last night, Jen made the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life. I got Easter Candy and Lucky Charms from the States. I'm telling you, its the small things in life that make you happy!

Which reminds me - I joined a gym this week. *Gulp* Two months until Costa Rica and just an overall need to exercise gave me the final push. Knowing myself, I only signed up for this month to see how it goes and how consistant I am. I'll decide further after that. I'm doing fine with the treadmill but have only tentatively ventured into that other room twice - you know, the one with the weights. I'll get there eventually....

We are four days from Israel! I cannot wait!!!! I've looked forward to this for years - it's a dream come true!

I woke up to this at 6:30 this morning. Great start to my day! Erin is the best sister friend you could hope for!

No comments: