Sunday, April 08, 2012

My Easter Wish

There have been days here that all I want to is to be in Houston. Today is one of those days.

Three years ago, I sat by Erin and Gregg with their sweet new Liz. She was perfect in her Easter dress. I mean, girl could pull off orange!

Then two years ago, I was able to go to worship with this sweet girl....
....and hunt Easter Eggs with this little man.....

Last year, I saw them for just a moment at the end of services. They were precious!
But this year I am here and they are there. I'm thankful for big sunglasses that hide welling tears as I walked home so people couldn't see the fight to not cry. I'm thankful for a good book to distract me. I'm thankful for friends who make plans for us. Because this year, I can't see Liz duck her head and shy-ly smile when I tell her how beautiful she looks in her new dress. I can't brace myself for the attack hugs Bladen gives which already unsteady me even though he is only two years old. And I can't see Ginny.


However, in four hours I will see them. Well, they may be napping but I'll get to talk to their mama and to my mama. Which is balm for a sad heart. Erin will post pictures soon (hint, hint Erin Elaine) and I'll see them in all of their cuteness. And I remind myself they are three years old, two years old, and one month old. They won't remember this.

Because that's what you do when you live far away. You give yourself pep talks, spend time with good friends, worship on Easter Sunday, and look forward to 9:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Tearing up here.

I know they all miss you too. It's humbling seeing the love you all have for each other! It's a special and rare thing.