Sunday, July 03, 2011

Announcement Time

Yes, it has been very quiet here on the blog-front. Yes, I have been very busy (and secretive). Time to let the cat out of the bag.....

I have accepted a kindergarten position in Cairo, Egypt. It is a two year contract and I'll head that way in about seven weeks. It all happened very quickly and I'll tell the full story in more detail over the next week. It really is a God story. It is incredibly exciting and very overwhelming at the same time. I'm busy with tons of preparations while trying to squeeze in as much time with people as possible. There are so many things I'm looking forward to.

So prayer request time. I know there are the general ones for culture shock, safety, relationships, etc . Right now I'm going to focus on the next seven weeks.

- Pray for energy and motivation to get the packing done. I've had so many people offer to help which I greatly appreciate! However, its something I really have to be involved in myself. I get overwhelmed by the huge sort: sale, trash, store with the parents, store with the Johnsons, or take to Cairo. Thankfully, only three more weeks of this part of it!
- Wisdom with my time as I'm trying to balance packing, appointments, people, and responsibilities.
- Balancing the excitement of going and the reality of temporary good-byes.
- Sleep - being able to shut my brain off as well as just getting enough.
- To set aside time with God each day. He's making this happen and making His presences know all over the place. He is my stablizing peace right now. I just don't want to get so overwhelmed by the process that I don't spend time with Him.
- If you've moved overseas and know of something in the preparation time that I'll need prayers for, pray as you feel led! You know better than I do what the next few weeks physically and emotionally look like!

Thanks to everyone in advance for your prayers! More of the story to come soon!

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I love you, sister friend. And you know you are covered in prayer.

Bonnie said...

Dana, what an awesome leap of faith! I will be praying for you as you prepare for what God has in your not to distant future!

Mindi Tipps said...

Lots of prayers being said for you, friend.

sterlinglead said...

You inspire me! I love reading your story and am praying for you!!! Hope to see you in New Braunfels before you go!