Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beautiful Heartache

This is going to be one of those lovely vague posts that everyone loves to read. I'm sorry in advance.

There is a people group that has been burdening me the past few weeks. They have actually been on my mind on and off for years but this time it is different. It's a heavy, heartbreaking burden that increases daily. I think about them all of the time - ALL. OF. THE. TIME. As I lay in bed, thoughts of them send me to sleep. When I wake up, they greet me with the new day. The children's eyes, the mothers' hands, the fathers' brows. Their home looks nothing like the city around me but in my mind's eye, I see it clear as day. They make my everyday seem insignificant/vacant. It's almost suffocating. In a way, I want it to stop because it seems too much to bear. At the same time, I don't want it to stop. It feels meaningful and important. But....I don't know what it means. So what do you do when your heart breaks (aches) for someone you've never met? What do you do when you're waiting? How do you go about everyday life when they are all you can think about?

Oh Lord, quiet my spirit and give me ears to hear....

2 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

You've asked tough questions. And I don't have an answer for any of them. :)

The Johnsons said...

Still praying for this. I think your first steps are the right ones. And your prayer at the end of this is perfect.