Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tonight

Tuesday nights have become the highlight of my week. Aside from my beautiful sister, bible study is THE reason that I decided to move to Houston. I cannot put into words the significance it holds to me and the place it has filled in my heart. Every week, I can dive DEEPLY into the word of God and encounter him in new and exciting ways.

As I was waiting for Praise to start before study tonight, I was SO excited about the songs playing over the speakers. Several were songs that I love but have not been released on the radio. One called "Still" by Watermark filled my ears and tears slowly came to my eyes. The simplicity of the song gets me every time. I knew I would be a good night.

Praise time started and the very first song was "O Praise Him" (best known by David Crowder Band). I found myself not being able to sing the chorus enough. The simples lines of "O praise him/He is holy" just couldn't be said enough. Then the praise leader sang a BEAUTIFUL song about the woman in John 8 who was healed by the simple touch of Christ's robes. You could hear a pin drop in the auditorium.

Then, for an hour and a half, we talked about Jesus and his fulfillment of the prophecies. I would be perfectly fine if that was my glimpse of heaven. Our God is SO good!

I guarantee that no one had a better Tuesday night than I did!

No comments: