Monday, January 28, 2008

Good for a Chuckle

Things feel rocky and kind of unsettled today so I thought I would try to think of something that made me smile in the past 24-ish hours. Hope it makes you smile too.

Yesterday, Erin, Gregg, Daniel, and I attended an event at church called "A Walk Through the Old Testament". Of course, I was pretty excited about it. The program teaches you about 77 people, events, and geographical locations chronologically through the Old Testament. It focuses on the story of God's people. The session uses participation, key words, and hand movement to help you remember. At the end, we covered the whole story in two and a half minutes. It apparently works because on the commute home, I distracted myself by running through it and I remembered 72 of the 77. Not too bad!

Anyway.....When we were learning the section about the kings of the United Kingdom, we were running through with the presenter. Each king had a heart (for God) characteristic that went with their name (Saul - no heart, David - whole heart, and Solomon - half heart). At the end of our run through up to that point, the presenter was messing around with us by adding on Bob - New Heart. (Say it quickly and you will hear the name of the actor). I groaned as we turned to go to break. As we walked up the isle, I overheard the following conversation between an husband and wife in about their late 30s:


  • Wife: Who is Bob New Heart?
  • Husband: I don't know. Maybe a Veggie Tales character.
  • Wife: I've never heard of him. We need to see if we have that one when we get home.

Seriously!? I laughed immediately. It took everything I had not to turn around and look at who they were. Sometimes, eavesdropping can really pay off!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

That's GREAT!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANA!!!!!

Jaci said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! and, sad to say, I dont think I know bob newheart. was he a singer??? or maybe I thinking of newton?? dont know!!! haha .. anyways, hope you had a good birthday!!!