Saturday, January 12, 2008

Passion

Tonight was the first small group meeting of the singles from my church. Since we haven't had anything outside of class, I don't really know many of them with the exception of one girl. I don't even know her very well. Anyway, it was nice to get to know some people better. We laid out some ideas for our life group which will begin in a few weeks. It was productive and a good introduction.

The best part of the night was after most people left. There were four of us that stayed behind and we visited with the couple that hosted our evening. Of the two, I know her best. She is one of those people that draws you in the moment you meet her and I think she is wonderful. They are from South Africa. They are planning to go back to do mission work once a few more details are taken care of. They told us what their goals are, what they have seen, and how God is speaking to their hearts. It was such a blessing to hear the passion in their voices as they talked about how God is leading them and what they hope to accomplish in each phase. It was very humbling. The website for their team (Mission Providence) is: http://missionprovidence.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 .

I have learned that God places us where we are for a purpose and his timing is best in all things. Sometimes, when I talk to people so full of purpose and passion, I selfishly wonder about myself. What is God doing? Where is he leading me? What passion will he lay on my heart for him? What is he preparing me for? Will I have the faith and strength to follow where he leads?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm SO glad you all finally are getting the group going; I know it's something you've been missing.I'll be praying for commitment and bonding for you all.

Passion is something I sometimes miss in my life... but I keep searching to find an outlet. God has great plans for you - I've always known that.