Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Extremely Annoying!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you realize something about yourself that may be blatantly obvious to those around you but you have been previously blind to? I had one of those last night. I was laying in bed, rolling something around in my mind when it hit me - I think in extremes and immediates. No is No and Yes is Yes. I recognized it pretty quickly and wanted to kick myself for it. In an attempt to reconcile this to myself, I jumped into problem solving mode but a part of me can only hear that extreme. The odd part I that I usually place that extreme on myself. I limit myself and forget to look for the third door. I tell my students to be problem solvers all of the time and here I was, laying in bed and not doing it myself. Grrrr!

That is extremely annoying!

1 comment:

andrew said...

Welcome to my world!

And ... by the way, what in the world are you doing up at 4:20 am???!!!