Friday, August 17, 2012

Houston Top Ten

1. Gregg - Gregg Johnson is the best brother in law in the world.  He is one of the most giving people I have ever met.  I mean - he gave us four get aways and kept the kids.  One of these was the night he got in from a week on a business trip.  Jet lag + three very tired kids.  He's a keeper!  He is full of grace in all things.  He loves my sister well.  I didn't know it eight years ago but I was getting the best brother in the world.

2.  Erin - Finally time with my sister!!!  After seven months, time to just be with her - on the couch, in the kitchen, being crawled on by kids, in the car, hiding in her bedroom watching Jimmy Fallon, shopping, eating out, and talking.  Just talking.  Face to face.  Laughing and crying together.  Watching her be an amazing mother in the easy and in the hard.  People watching at fun concerts, planning musicals, walking on the beach, eating ice cream, playing in bounce houses and water hoses.  She's my favorite person in the entire world.  Three weeks is not enough but I'll take each second I can get.

3.  Liz - Little girl isn't so little anymore.  She is a fireball of three year old glory.  I cannot believe how grown up she has become.  She talks in points while counting them off on her fingers.  She says things like, "Ummm....of course!" and "It's a deal!"  She is learning the oldest sibling tricks of sending in the little brother to ask for things you've told her no about.  Girl can climb and has an adventurous spirit about her that I absolutely adore!  Yet, no matter how big she gets, some things never change.  Her smile can still soften your heart.  She sings nonstop.  She doesn't like to sit still.  She is a girlie girl.  That is my favorite.

4.  Bladen - My little man.  I'm not going to lie - He's my favorite little boy in the world!  And that's what he is - all boy!  Running around with swords, wrestling, tickling, crashing cars, building with legos, chasing, throwing balls up and down the stairs, grrrr-ing, and loving blue.  Like I said, all boy and I love every single ounce of him.  From sliding down the stairs on his belly to the "ta-da" kick at the end of jumping on the trampoline, he puts me in stitches.  The best part is that he is still a cuddle bug.

5.  Ginny - Oh. My. Goodness.  I have only spent three weeks with her but she has stolen my heart.  This is the happiest little girl I have ever met.  When she smiles, it not only lights up her whole face but mine as well.  She has the best little belly laugh.  She has this little pout when she starts crying that is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Waking up at 7:00 with this little girl was no problem.  At all.  Ever.


6.  Mom and Dad - My parents are so supportive!  They gave up weekends to see me, shared their music with us via a Doobie Brothers/Chicago concert, looked at photos for hours, and watched their step to avoid toys in their living room so we could invade their house.  I could not ask for more supportive parents.

7.  BCF - The church I could worship with if I were there.  I love their heart for Jesus, for others, and for my family.

8.  The girls! - Fajitas are never as good as when I'm with Sarah, Kim, and Mandie.  It was so good to catch up, talk, do pedis, and just be with these girls!

9.  Emily's wedding - So beautifully Emily.  I didn't expect anything less.  She was stunning!  We had a great time seeing friends and meeting people I've only heard about.

10.  Watching my world's collide - Seeing the Johnson children in gallabayas.  Shopping and going to Black Walnut with AIS people.  Having Jen over to Erin's house for Fry Night.  Seeing my world's intersect makes me feel less segmented and more whole.

No comments: