Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So This is Love

For 32 years, I've had the huge blessing of watching a love story be told.  It is a story of a man and a woman who met in a funeral home - her with an eye patch and him only there to get a friend to leave him alone.  It went from first impression to a first date.  According to her, that was all it took.  One date, one kiss.  Yesterday they celebrated 36 years of marriage.  Through it, they have blessed so many more than just me.  Yet, as their own, I get the benefit of seeing first hand what a healthy marriage looks like.  I've seen what it looks like to disagree and to be on the same page.  I've seen them lovingly roll their eyes at each others cheesiness.  I've seen them fight for each other.  I've seen them fall in love over and over again.  They work together and play together.  They've built a family, a life, a story.  I'm so aware of the fact that I'm blessed beyond words that my parents are still together.  No, not just together but together in a love that continues to grow.  Happy 36th, Mom and Dad!





2 comments:

Amy said...

This is better than any card from Hallmark; thanks so much, my sweet girl!! My prayer continues to be that your own love story is in the making!!

andrew said...

Thanks, Dana! You don't always know how you do as a parent or a spouse until someon tells like this.