Monday, March 05, 2012

March Photo Challenge 1 -5

March 1: Up

My boys have decided that their favorite thing to do with blocks is use them ALL to build Carrefour (the Egyptian version of Wal-Mart - and no, it's not any better). They have also discovered that if they put all of the cylinder blocks on the bottom, it rolls. So here are my boys with Carrefour.


However, last week was ROUGH. Three days of sand storm = three days with no recess. At all. For a room full of five year olds. ROUGH. So when I got this email that we got our passports with our Indian Visas a few days early, my day definitely started looking up!



March 2: Fruit
Around Cairo, we get fresh produce. We usually buy them at our neighborhood markets, the souk, or sidewalk stand. Forgive the hazy photo. Sandstorms make car windows dirty.



March 3: My Neighborhood
While there are many interesing things I could post about where I live, I went with a nice shot. You see these basket carts all around town with baskets to buy.



March 4: Bedside
Every night I fall asleep looking at these sweet faces. I'm ready to add a third one!



March 5: Smile
This is Dr. Seuss week is KG2. Today we focused on Green Eggs and Ham. So what do you do when reading this book? Make green eggs, of course! These two liked it - a lot!

No comments: