Monday, December 19, 2011

Cairo Christmas Dreams

For as long as I can remember, I've had very vivid dreams. Thankfully, the majority of them are good ones. I've woken myself up laughing from time to time. The best part is that I remember them too. I had one about Johnny Rosenauer when I was in college that still makes me laugh when I think about it. So it's no surprise that when Christmas time comes around, I have fun Christmas dreams. I really do love it. However, last night's Christmas dream beats them all, hands down....

I dreamed that we were lighting the advent wreath and talking about the symbolism of each candle. It was so beautiful and my grandmother was lighting each one. As we lit the last one, the candle burst into the loudest song I had ever heard. And it wasn't a sweet Christmas Carol either. It was loud and intrusive. No matter what we did, it kept singing. Since we couldn't get the candle to stop, I roused myself awake. It was the first call of prayer for the day. Basically, I dreamed we were celebrating the incarnation of Jesus to the sound of the call of prayer. And when I heard the call when I got home, all I could think was Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus.

Merry Christmas, Cairo Style......

No comments: