Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas, Oikos Style!

On Saturday night, my class had its annual Christmas party. To explain the title of this post, Oikos is the name of my class. There are about 9 classes in the singles program so we name them to keep everyone straight. :) Oikos is a Greek word that means house or family. About half of us were able to come. I figured that since most of you have never met my friends, I would take this time to introduce you to a few of them. Lots of pictures!

Merry Christmas from Oikos!

If you see tacky sweaters, you will have guessed the theme. I didn't have one so my boss let me borrow his jacket. I got into the top two but didn't win. I was sure I would! For the top two, we had to model. Now you can see why I am a teacher!

Me and Sarah, the winner. She turned a Snuggie into a Christmas Tree.

This is the back of my jacket.

After awards were given we sang Christmas songs for a bit and then had a Dirty Santa (Yankee Swap) gift exchange.

You know you are in a single's class when a girl opens a jar of honey with a note attached that says, "If you are single, I'll be your Christmas honey!"

At first I got candles....

but ended up with a pink pony - she likes to give kisses. :)

Now for a few of my friends:

Sharon and Lisa

Sarah, Rachel, Christa, and Jennifer

me and Stan (just a friend)

Amy and Jason (yes, they do match!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I know a little girl who will eventually LOVE riding that pink pony!!

The Johnsons said...

Yay! I was so hoping for some pictures - it's good to see some faces to put with names, but especially of the blazer. Your poor school - no wonder they wouldn't have minded if you forgot to return it to your principal. :) So glad you had fun and have this group as a part of your life!

Mindi Tipps said...

That is one crazy jacket! So does your boss actually like the jacket? I had to ask!

Poker Rules said...

Amusing state of affairs