Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Frustratingly Vague Post

Last week was exhausting. Seriously! On Friday night I slept for ten and a half hours. Then Saturday night I slept for nine hours. Tonight, I am still a bit tired but will not give in to sleep until 10:00. For a girl who averages seven hours a night, this is very telling! So it has been a weekend of rest. Thank you Jesus for comfortable beds and time to re-coop!

In between times of rest, my refreshed mind has been rolling things over. I thought I would share one with you. I am sure many of you can relate. Have you ever had someone make a statement or ask you a question slightly in passing and it haunted you? It was not intended to be one that lasted more than a moment to make a point but is echoing in your ears? One of you asked me something a few months ago and for the past week-ish it has been bouncing around in my brain. Over and over, the question rolls. On one hand, it makes me doubt a choice I have made, but on the other, it makes me mad because I feel like it is bullying me into doing something that I (with 100% certainty) no longer desire. It is haunting me because it won't leave me alone. It won't go away!!! So what does that mean for me? Those of you that know me so well know the answer to this question - I am privately analyzing it. God is getting an ear-full right now because I don't know why it won't leave me alone. Is He trying to tell me something or is Satan trying to get a foothold in my weakness? I do not know.

I'm sure you understand.....

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

You're right - this is vague. Now I'm rolling over every question I've asked you in the last few months wondering if it was something I said. Apparently analyzing things runs in the family...

Get some rest!

Amy said...

I'm with Erin on this... I will say, though, don't be bullied by anyone. Ever.

Darla said...

The question we all ask ourselves was "was it me?"

Was it something innocently asked or something meant to make you think.....hauntedly? (I know that is a made up word...)

Moving on though....yes, often things roll over and over in my head. But is it something worth your time? Is it something that you can change or just something that you live with?

I missed you this past weekend. It was the first Buddy Walk without you.