Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Glad Game

Last weekend while I was sick, I watched Pollyanna. I remember really liking this movie as a child but I hadn't actually watched it in years. One thing that I like about the character is that she plays the glad game. Basically, look at the bad around you and find something in it to be glad about.

Yesterday, I was very tired and, as the majority of you know, me + very tired = increased sensitivity and tears. I got hit pretty hard two times last night. The first time, I couldn't stop bawling. The second time, I was so tired that I was pretty much complacent. Still, today I am playing the glad game. So here are the things I am glad about today:
  • A freshly cleaned car! I couldn't stop smiling as I drove her home. She's so pretty and smells so good!
  • NOT waking up to an alarm clock!
  • A new book - especially if it has anything to do with Jane Austen or Pride and Prejudice!
  • Being able to open the windows on a beautiful day!
  • Having time to finally clean the house!
  • Having the desire to bake/cook!
  • Knowing that the school is open on a Saturday and NOT going in!
  • A good night's sleep in clean sheets!

What are you glad about today?

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad that YOU are glad
~ that Erin is happy, and such a good wife, and sister, and daughter
~ that after 32 years, dad still reaches for my hand! (insert giggle here!)
~ that I have been so blessed
~ that you watch movies like Pollyanna!

Darla said...

I can play this game, too.
*I am really glad to have friends who are happy about life
*to be able to do things I enjoy on a Saturday.
*to be among my family, to talk to the ones who are not with on the phone and to hear from my little bambinos and to know they love me almost as much as I love them.
*and the holidays are coming and my family is all going to be together.
*to be able to open a refrigerator in my newly remodeled kitchen even if it isn't finished yet.

I have to stop here because I could keep going and it would become my blog! I miss you. When are you coming?

Jackie said...

I am so glad I don't have the stomach cramps anymore.

I am so glad I have Robert Hutton as my husband. And he loves me.

I am so glad I have dogs and horses who are centered on me.

I am really glad I have this house.

Crud, this could go on for days.

Mindi Tipps said...

I'm really glad that:
* Fall is here and Christmas is right around the corner!
*I have been blessed with great friends like you!
*My morning sickness is gone!
*Jeff is my husband and my daughter's father!
*Jane Austen decided to be an author.
*Etc, Etc, Etc.