Monday, October 08, 2007

At Home in My Skin

Over the weekend, I was blessed to see some friends and, best of all, the folks. The biggest question I was asked was if I like Houston and if I would stay here. When I first moved here, I mentioned that something felt very temporary about the situation. I still don't know what that is or if it even is something. However, I must admit that I am starting to feel very at home. Not so much with Houston but with myself. For the first time since I can remember, I am feeling comfortable in my skin. No doubts and fears about how I come across or concern about what others may think. I'm remembering what it is that I love and enjoy so much. I'm rediscovering the love of a GREAT praise song, the AH-HA moments that the Bible is full of, the beauty of Jane Austen, the little bit of a health nut I teetered on becoming. I have noticed that I have actually started to laugh out loud and sing non-stop (well, at least humming). I don't resent the long hours I put in at work (at least today) and I don't feel guilty when it is time to stop. I'm re-learning to live in the moment and not be anxious about what might come in the next. If it is true that the eyes are the window to the soul, then mine is finally starting to clear. Who knows, there may even be a twinkle left hiding in there. I've come to the conclusion that I can be happy no matter where I am as long as I am at peace.

There's no place like home.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

That's the Dana I know and love!
So happy for you!