Wednesday, October 31, 2012

101 Things in 1001 Days

When I moved in with Sarah, one thing that I noticed about her right away was that she was always doing or planning something fun.  It turns out she has this handy little list of things she wants to accomplish - most of which just happen to be - fun.  She introduced me to this challenge she has set for herself through something called Day Zero.  The challenge is 101 Things in 1001 Days.  After checking it out, I decided it sounded like something I would enjoy.  Seeing how list making is one of my favorite things to do, I took it up.  I even had a little help from my friends.  So without further ado, here are 101 things I have decided to do over the next 1001 days:

Faith-based:
Sponsor a child
Read through the entire bible
Memorize the Sermon of the Mount
Eat like a Third World citizen for a month – donate the difference in grocery bills
Complete a Daniel fast for a week
Donate 1 million grains of rice
Observe lent each year
Perform 5 random acts of kindness
Buy a bag of groceries for someone in need once a month for a year

Financial:
Debt free
Give intangible gifts one year for Christmas
Leave a 100% tip for someone
Buy a stranger’s dinner anonymously
Donate $25 for every item completed to a related charity
Pay for Spring Break entirely in EGP

Educational/Professional Self Improvement:
Complete my master’s program
Get PYP certified
Get a new job

Travel:
See the Grand Canyon
Experience each of the four seasons
Tour a European church
Run out of pages in my passport
Tour a winery
Go desert camping
Sisters weekend away
Visit Pompeii
Go to an internationally known museum
Surprise
Go to the Netherlands
Roommate weekend away
Mail a postcard to my band director from Austria
See a show in the West End
Snorkel
Take a spontaneous get away
Do a hike longer than 10 miles
Tour the Fairy Tale Road
Get my international drivers license
Drive on the other side of the road

Egypt:
Visit Upper Egypt
Climb Mt Sinai
Count to 100 in Arabic
Drive in Egypt
Barter at the Khan in Arabic
Visit Siwa

Something New:
Private
Get a tattoo
Learn to knit
Learn to tie a tie
Get my diving certification
Go to the batting cages
Learn to use all of the settings on my camera
Pick fresh fruit
Conquer a fear - Go repelling

Reading:
Read a book over 1000 pages long
Read a book set in each country I’ve visited
Read my height in books
Complete a short story once a month for a year
Write a children’s book
Send one handwritten note per month for a year
Read all of the Newberry Award winners

For myself/my health:
Go a month without sugar
Go to bed before 9:00 every night for a week
Complete the 100 push ups challenge
Complete the 200 sit ups challenge
Try Zumba
Don’t eat out/Otlob for a month
Leave work at 4:00 everyday for two weeks
Take the stairs for a week
Buy only what’s on the grocery list for a month
Get up every day without snoozing for a week
Go to the gym four days a week for a month

Food:
Cook a new international dish every month for a year
Make a German Chocolate Cake
Make homemade donuts
Cook a turkey
Make soft pretzels

With others:
Go play bingo
Send out holiday cards
Surprise gift #1
Surprise gift #2
Host a tea party
Host a multi course meal

Chosen by others:
Dad – Write a short story about a fictional biblical character
Mom – Be home long enough for a Project Runway Marathon
Erin – Hot air balloon ride
Gregg – Eat pizza in front of the Coliseum
Liz – Watch The Grinch together
Bladen – Play cars together
Sarah – Go diving in 3 different oceans
Kim – Watch fireworks in a new place
Kris – Ice skating in Paris at Christmas (as randomly chosen my a roommate)
Ryan – Volunteer in an orphanage

Random:
Watch The Godfather Trilogy
Watch a new movie for each letter of the alphabet
Perform 5 random acts of kindness
Do the splits
Eat an entire meal using chopsticks
Eat something I can’t identify
Private

No comments: