Saturday, June 16, 2012

Why My Dad is Better Than Your Dad

- My dad can lay down on the bottom of the pool and then shoot out of the water like a whale.
- My dad can look at a coin and tell you where and when it was minted.
- My dad taught me how to skip a rock.
- My dad thinks Mr. Bennett is funny.
- My dad can turn anything, ANYTHING, into a cheesy joke.
- My dad taught me how to wrestle.
- My dad will grow out his usually clean shaven face while in the mountains for a week and take a picture to show you before he shaves just because you asked him to.
- My dad can make up the most random nicknames - it's a love language.
- My dad taught me how to hike up and down steep hills without slipping and/or falling.
- My dad has climbed a mountain.
- My dad has lived in Africa for a summer.
- My dad taught me how to hear out all sides of a situation, seek trusted outside help if needed, and make good decisions.
- My dad taught me what it means to love unconditionally.
- My dad is always there - even at 1:00 a.m. if needed.
- My dad is supportive in all things.
- My dad can make "cool" and "all right!" sound like the biggest compliment you have ever received.
- My dad watches videos that I send him even if he has never heard of the artist before.
- My dad will go to concerts of artists he doesn't even like because you enjoy them.  And he'll have a good time.
- My dad loves music.
- My dad has taught me what good work ethic means.
- My dad doesn't commit to anything half way.

But most of all - my dad loves me.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think you nailed him, Dana!!