Saturday, June 09, 2012

Randomness

As you have noticed, things have been quiet on the blogging front.  It's been a crazy few weeks with more jumbled thoughts than you want to read (or that I can articulate).  That and the fact that I have two upcoming posts that I'm mentally writng.  Therefore, you now get the most random blog post to date.

There are things I wonder that I will never know - like 1) What do guys sound like when they talk about girls? Oh to be a fly on the wall! and 2) What does it feel like to take a hit by a football player while in full pads?  Yep, that second one has never gone away.

Thanks to Lindsee, I'm currently obsessed with this video.  Ridiculous talent and fun little things that remind me of my singing friends from the San Marcos days:


A few weeks ago, Emily and I went to Abu Simbel for the day.  One of the most impressive things I have seen in Egypt.  




There is a great joy in being able to discuss difficult things of faith within such a safe place with friends - no fear of judgement or rebuke simply because you ask "what if....".

So thankful for friends to share grilled cheese obsessions with.

It took me several months but I finished One Thousand Gifts this week.  Exercise bikes are great places to read and be challenged.

With two weeks left in the school year, I am looking forward to:
- Walking through history and markets in Israel
- Sitting by the beach/diving/kayaking in Costa Rica
- A canopy tour in a rainforest
Finally getting to hold Ginny
- Hours on Erin's couch talking and hours on Erin's floor playing
- A hair cut
- Good food in the States
- Snow cones
- Emily's long anticipated wedding
- A concert for Father's Day
- Trying to beat Gregg in a game - I don't even care which one!
- Seeing old friends in their home country
- Penguins and seals in their natural environment
- Hiking
- Watching my worlds collide in more than one place

Until then, Egyptian kids are CUTE and funny, looking forward to meeting new people, and living in denial of the goodbyes to come.

No comments: