Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One Only the Ladies Can Appreciate

Before I get going too much further, I need to tell you that if blog posts could have subtitles, this one would be called "The One with all the TMI". Now, I know that Erin will have a bit to say about this post because what I am about to write about is nothing in comparison to what she had recently experienced. It may not appear on this blog but at some point, she will let me know her two cents.

What in the world must God have been thinking when He gave women hormones!? Seriously, where did the idea of complete uncontrollable irrationality come from!? For the first time in my life, I am healthy and experiencing the full onset of mood swings, irritability, and crying for NO REASON AT ALL. What is that!?!? Most women learn to deal with these at about age 12 but I am having to start much later thanks to the amazing Dr. Levin! Don't get me wrong, as annoying and baffling as they are to me, I could not be more thankful because it means that everything is as it should be for this first time in my life. It means that things I thought would not be possible for me are now actually something that could happen. The joy that brings me is too much for words! However, I'm learning that all of that craziness of emotions I thought was just silly stereotypes are indeed realities. WOW! Apparently God made me a crier and I just didn't know it until a few weeks ago.

One of my favorite episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond is called Bad Mood Rising. Ray tries to give Debra pills to help with her PMS and she goes ballistic. Every emotion under the sun (in extreme) is swung to in the course of a few minutes. Hilarious! However, that is how I have felt lately. Here is a clip of that episode. The few minutes leading up to here are even better but this is all I could find. It's suddenly not as funny as I remember it being. :)

3 comments:

Darla said...

Wow! I mean, I'm sorry. Ah-h-h....or I am so happy for you....Ah-h-h....or not.....ah-h-h.....WOW!
:-)

The Johnsons said...

I know you think it's bad now, but wait until after you have a baby. Oh my. I wouldn't be surprised if Gregg crushed some of those pills up and slipped them into my yogurt...

And just for the record, for those who are reading this but didn't see me postpartum - I was weepy, but not irritable. :)

Jaci said...

HAHA I LOVED THAT EPISODE!!!!! Especially when he was trying to be all nice and she put summed up the description. I just had to start laughing!!! Just wanted to say I feel ya!!! I was like this Sunday .. and i like to call my stupid girly emotions .. =P .. glad to hear you are healthy though!!!