Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Channeling Julie Andrews

Yesterday I was able to experience one of my favorite things. I LOVE when the sun is shining and it is raining lightly. It's perfect! Rainbows come from days like this and even if they don't, I just love sunny, rainy days. As I enjoyed the sun/rain, I got thinking about other things that I love. Just thought I would make a list. Feel free to add on to it or share your own:

- the smell of fresh cut grass
- a gentle breeze on a warm day
- a sweet little voice saying "It's D!" and singing "Sing Swee' Ni-gale Awwww...."
- the face of a little boy eager to get some solids in his mouth or taking a lunge across the floor
- folding yourself into clean sheets
- holding hands
- the smell of a bookstore
- pretty toes after a fresh pedicure
- coming home to a clean house
- rainbows
- the perfect song that you haven't heard in a while
- laughing until you can't breath
- the sound of a river
- discovering a fantastic new recipe
- a long, safe hug

1 comment:

andrew said...

- the anticipation of seeing a baseball diamond for the first time when you go to a minor/major league game
- the smell of fresh baked bread
- the smell of a home improvement center
- the smell of fresh turned earth
- the discovery of a coin in change you need for your collection
- the discovery of something new in God's Word, something you may have read a thousand times, and now suddenly it has new meaning
- the feeling of freshness after a shower